Nia®'s DRAGON Dance empowers participants by teaching them how to embrace the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual in both the inner and outer planes of reality.
Through the DRAGON Dance, you are encouraged to express your every emotion in a healthy way while feeling supported in a safely contained Nia environment. Through this dance you are also are reminded to find the balance between positive and negative emotions, to celebrate your yin and yang, and to embrace your duality- all that is feminine and masculine in you.
DRAGON will take you on a journey of sensations starting with your foundation. Unlike traditional fitness classes, DRAGON replaces repetitive jogging and jumping with grounded movements that combine steps, stances, and kicks. DRAGON will teach you how to shift body weight and will enhance your balance by connecting you to gravity from underneath and behind.
This routine will teach you how to move fast and slow while activating your mind with powerful images of dragons, Asian visuals and Asian instruments. We will end our dance with a relaxing cool down to enhance breathing and the flow of energy throughout your whole body to release tension and to melt away your stress.
No experience necessary | All abilities welcomed | Class is taken barefoot.
Complete list to bring:
- wear comfortable clothing, you don't mind perspiring in as you will sparkle a.k.a sweat
- if you choose to dance with shoes, we suggest bringing a thin, soft-soled shoe.
- yoga mat (optional) we will be lying down at some point
- water bottle
- something to charge on the altar (ex: crystals or special items)
- a Goddess Door Prize (optional, if you do feel inspired to bring one, remember it needs to be something that expresses part of the essence of you)
- your beautiful energy and smile!
This is a complimentary offering for women in the Tallahassee area
This event is Co-hosted by: Crystal Portal, the Tallahassee Goddess Gathering community and Groove and Wellness.
Facebook event: NIA Dragon Dance Goddess Gathering